Friday, March 28, 2008

from a moving train

I took the train from and back to campus, the first way passing through new york city, the second, passing through Albany. I've found that I can't really read on the train, it often results in headaches. I can't get much work done, for the same reason, since work--for me--is primarily related input and output of words.

I tried something new this trip, taking photographs of the view outside the window. It was an interesting choice, since it gave me only a moment to search for and react to whatever I found interesting as we whizzed past.

On the way back, a man stopped at my seat, orange checkered shirt and jeans. He was somewhere between thirty and forty, glasses, brown hair.

"Getting any good pictures?" he asked.

"Of course not," I said, grinning, "we're on a moving train."

He looked puzzled for a moment, and then he smiled.





I did manage to get a good amount of photographs of conspiratorial trees.